I'd like to share a Triangular Mixed Media Canvas- "Live Beautifully". I was inspired by a couple of challenges this month & thought of making something with cool, fresh colors and a clean look, preserving some white space. This was also part of my DT work for Crafters Corner, all the details including a pictorial are here.
1. Applied Prima's Heavy White Gesso to the canvas and then applied Modelling Paste through Tim Holtz Gothic Stencil using a palette knife
2. Altered the color of the flowers and gauze by spraying them with Lindys Sprays (yellow shades)
3. Created clay embellishments with IOD mould and air dry clay
4. Added blue shades of color to the canvas using different mediums, sprayed with water to create an organic look & also created ink splatter
5. Heat embossed the Dusty Attic Chipboards
6. Altered the butterfly chipboard by applying heavy white gesso and then sprayed with Lindys Spray
7. To emphasize the relief/raised surfaces of the clay embellishments, applied some blue paint to them with my fingers and then some white gesso to tone down the color and give them a shabby look
8. Created the composition and adhered all the elements (including some gems and a bit of lace my mom made) with 3D matte gel.
Added texture to the canvas with a paste of art stones, 3d matte gel & platinum glass glitter
9. In the end, added a few art pebbles with glossy accents & created white splatter with watered down white gesso.
1. Finnabair Art Basics- Heavy White Gesso
2. Finnabair Art Basics- Modelling Paste
3. Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Gothic Stencil
4. Lindys Gang Sprays- Yellow Hues, Blue Hues
5. Finnabair Art Ingredients- Art Stones
6. Finnabair Art Ingredients- Mini Art Stones
7. IOD Vintage Art Decor Moulds- Escucheons 2
8. Finnabair Art Basics- 3D Matte Gel
9. Finnabair Art Basics- Soft Matte Gel
10. Finnabair Art Ingredients- Melange Art Pebbles
11. Dusty Attic Chipboards- Live Beautifully, ATC frame #3, Flutterbies #1
12. Distress Paint- Blueprint Sketch
13. Catherine Pooler Inkpad- Something Borrowed
14. Dylusions Paint- Calypso Teal
15. Prima Watercolor Confections - Decadent Pies
16. Metal Palette Knife
17. Finnabair- Glass Glitter- Platinum
18. Glossy Accents
19. Versamark Watermark Mini Inkpad
20. Ranger's Super Fine White Embossing Powder, Lemon Yellow Embossing Powder
21. Dovecraft Embossing Heat Tool
22. Dress My Craft- Big Rose Buds White
23. Dress My Craft- Poppy Rose Cream
24. Sakura Air Dry Paper Clay
I'd like to share a Natured Inspired Mixed Media Canvas- "Be Brave, Wild, Free"
This was part of the DT work for Bob n Betty, I used their lovely new "classics" decoupage papers. All the details are here. I was inspired by a couple of challenges this month & when I saw this Boho Chic Owl in the decoupage papers, I knew I had to use it. It is so beautiful & cool, so I gave it yellow feathers and a nest :) I absolutely love nature so this was really fun to create!
Took an 8 by 10 Canvas Board & applied a thick layer of heavy white gesso on it. To create texture in the background, created grooves in the wet gesso with the end of a paint brush & added few mini beads. Once, it was dry, sprayed on colors using Lindys Sprays. For the focal image & titles "Be Brave, Wild, Free", fussy cut elements from one of the papers in the Classics Collection, created a nest with sisal, dry hay, colored gauze, feathers and then adhered the owl & titles to it. Also, added flowers, die cuts, wood slices & lace around the nest to form a visually pleasing composition. Added a Tim Holtz sticker, "And Let it Fly Away" as a sub-title at the bottom. Then did background stamping with black archival ink and for shine, applied Prima’s Metallique waxes to the background. For additional texture & shine, applied Finnabair’s art stones & glass glitter using 3d Matte Gel to some of the areas. Then, dry brushed some white gesso onto the flowers and created white ink splatter. In the end, distressed the edges of the canvas with black soot distress ink.
Flowers, Die Cuts, Lace, Feathers, Gauze, Dried Hay, Sisal
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stickers
Here are some photos of the canvas:
Close-Up photos to show the details:
I am playing along with the following challenges:
1. More Than Words April Main Challenge (included owl and was inspired by nature to create the nest, add flowers and create a wild looking background, title, "be brave, wild, free" and sub-title, "let it fly away" are also inspired by nature because we must respect animals and not cage them.)
Craft Stamper Magazine's Take it Make it Challenge is in full swing. It is an ANYTHING GOES stamping challenge, so please do join in with your lovely entries for a chance to win beautiful prizes and also a chance to be published in the magazine & be a Guest Designer!!
For today's Inspiration Post at Craft Stamper, I made a motivational card :) To visit & see all the beautiful projects, the DT made for you, please click HERE. I love meaningful quotes. I really like the quote used here, "Don't Let The Rain Dull Your Sparkle". For this card, I used a lot of supplies I hadn't used before, like Catherine Pooler Inks, a couple of new Visible Image stamps & a Prima stencil. I always like it when I'm able to use never-before-used-supplies.
For the card, I used ink smooshing to create an organic looking background and then did background stenciling & stamping. Then stamped the image & sentiment, created black ink splatter, distressed the edges of the panel, foam mounted it on the black mat & finally adhered this to the white card base (4.5 by 5.75 inches)
Here are a few photos of the card:
Visible Image Stamps- Sparkle in the Rain & Jazz it Up